YMCA Magic Place is perfect for parents who need daily child care and for kids who want an action-packed camp experience. This year our camps serve children ages 3-12.
Each Magic Place camp theme week is loaded with tons of arts and crafts, projects, games, music, dance, drama, sports and active play that appeal to all abilities and interests. Camp wouldn’t be complete without swimming, that’s why we offer swimming each week and free swim lessons to all Magic Place campers. Download our brochure.
- Swimming (swim lessons are included for July),
- Weekly field trips and bi-weekly skating (for school-aged campers)
- Interactive summer camp Reading and Math games and activities.
PRE-SCHOOL CAMP (ages 3-5 not enrolled in elementary school)
Located at: Kirk Family YMCA
ROANOKE CITY CAMP (grades K-5)
Located at: Roanoke City school site
SALEM CITY CAMP (grades K-5)
Located at: Salem City school site
YMCA Magic Place will provide a well-balanced breakfast and lunch. Parents are required to pack an afternoon snack.
Registration opens March 22 for current Magic Place participants
Registration opens April 1 for the public.
Includes all supplies, expenses and fees. The cost also includes a T-Shirt if registered by May10.
- 1-3 weeks of camp-$60 registration fee
- 4-12 weeks of camp-$120 registration fee
- $80 per week for YMCA members ($70 per week for siblings)
- $90 per week for YMCA guests ($80 per week for siblings)
- $55 per week for summer school attendees
$275 Pre-Paid Punch Card (allows 10 sporadic visits)
Families with siblings registered in both Kirk Camp and Roanoke City Camp can drop off and pick up at the Kirk Family YMCA. We will transport your Roanoke City camper to and from Kirk for your convenience. Bus will pick up at Kirk going to Roanoke City Camp at 9am and bus back to Kirk at 5pm.
Download our brochure for details on theme weeks and more.
Registration is open NOW for current Magic Place participants and the public.
Registration deadline is MAY 17!
Enrollment and registration forms are in a 32 page document.
Download 32 page document here.